Monday, April 13, 2009

Holy Week Musings

During the week of deep spiritual reflection of all the things we have done and Jesus has done for us, I was poring over my books, and, yes, reflecting. Well, I would not really call it reflecting, it was more of...thinking (It's very easy to get distracted when you're reading a textbook).

And so I feel that those random thoughts would be a sufficient come back post for my dear 'ol blogspot.


  • Over the course of years and months, I have transformed into something I used to criticize and look down on. Let the bloody red toenails be the judge. But when I think about it, there isn't anything wrong with painting your nailbeds. It is, after all, yours. It is a way of expressing oneself. It is one's freedom, one's choice. Rainbow fingernails do not mean that a person is a Filipina version of Cerie, neither do black ones mean that she is a rebel out to ruin everyone's life.
  • My happiness is up to me, not to anyone else, but to me. It's funny because I always say that to people and yet I forget.
  • Obstetrics is a difficult subject. Yes, it took me one scanning over my 2 borrowed Pillitteri books to realize that.
  • It's always always better to be safe than sorry.
  • Sometimes, denial is a way of survival.
  • My PHC book (courtesy of Lester) is still untouched and unopened. It needs TLC STAT.
  • I am not a pathetic girl who would lament over someone not liking her. If you don't like me, fine, I don't give a shit. My people pleaser days are over.
  • I really really really want a polaroid. I hope a kind heart out there reads this. You can PM me and ask for my address. LOL.
  • I hate cheese flavored Piattos.
  • I have been stagnant. I haven't been growing and learning new and interesting stuff. I will try to change that. .... Well, that doesn't mean I have to start now now, does it?;p
  • It's not that I hate drama. I just hate all the pains that accompany it.
  • Sometimes, it's easy to forget when you put your mind to it.
  • But it's easier when you have distractions.
  • I love sarcasm. How did I ever forget?
  • I am a free lancer. No one, I repeat, no one gets to decide over what I should or shouldn't do. (Well, maybe for some instances, fine, most instances, my mother does. But for the sake of this post, let's forget that for a while) For that, I am grateful.

And so I am ending this post since it's 10:00 and I haven't studied yet. I will stand firm and hold my ground on this one. I hope I don't stumble.

As for my toes, they're at their natural state at the moment. I think I'm going to keep it that way...for a while anyway.

No comments: